Completing this online application does not guarantee that a permit will be issued to you or your company. We often have conflicting requests for the same premises and for the same period. Also, certain types of activities may not be allowed at the requested premises. However, you will receive an official notification when your application is approved or denied.
A permit will not be issued unless you have the required insurance. You are required
to procure and maintain at your own expense, during the term of this permit,
insurance policy or policies meeting the following requirements:
- The policy shall, at the minimum, have $1 million liability coverage and shall specifically cover the permittee's activity as authorized by the permit.
- The insurance carrier must be an entity satisfactory to the County's Risk Manager.
- The County of Los Angeles must be named an Additional Insured on the policy or amendment.
- Proof of insurance must be delivered to the Department before a permit can be issued. If the County of Los Angeles is not named as an Additional Insured on the original policy, an Endorsement must be obtained to add the County as an Additional Insured and an original of the Endorsement must be provided to the County.
- Proof of insurance shall specifically identify this permit and shall contain expressed conditions that the County is to be given written notice at least thirty (30) days in advance of any modification or termination of any policy of insurance or portion thereof.
NEW PERMIT REQUIREMENTS/INSTRUCTIONS
A Permit takes about 2 weeks, from the date we have received a "fully completed application," to issue. If your project will start in less than two weeks from today, you must call the Permit Coordinator at (310) 305-9503 to inform them of the request after you have submitted your application. You are submitting this application subject to the following understanding:
NOTE: Your application is not deemed a "fully completed application" until we have received the processing fee, a map or sketch, and a fully completed application form.
- The processing fee is $250 and non-refundable.
- Additional permits from the Department of Public Works, Road, Building and Safety, and/or California Coastal Commission may be required before your project may start. You should also promptly apply for these permits. If you are unsure if any of these permits may be required, contact the Permit Coordinator.
- You may be required to pay an additional fee or rent if your project requires the use of the premises or an adjacent parking lot for staging, and/or parking purposes.
- No work will be allowed on weekends and holidays.
- Normal work hours are between 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday.
- A map or sketch of the requested permit location must be faxed or mailed to:
Asset Management Division/Right of Entry Permits
Department of Beaches and Harbors
13837 Fiji Way
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292
Fax to (310) 821-6345, Asset Management Division/Right of Entry Permits
- Additional permit conditions may be required as determined by the Department
of Beaches and Harbors prior to issuance of a permit.
- Please include on the map or sketch your Permit number, which you will receive when you hit the button to submit your application.
WARNING: COMPLETION OF AN APPLICATION CONFERS NO PRIVILEGES UPON THE APPLICANT. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ENTER OR USE THE PROPERTY UNTIL YOU HAVE RECEIVED A FULLY EXECUTED PERMIT. ANY ATTEMPT TO ENTER OR USE THE PREMISES MAY CAUSE YOUR APPLICATION TO BE REJECTED AND MAY SUBJECT YOU TO CIVIL OR CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
If you have read and agree to all of the terms above and are ready to start the application process, click the Agree button below. Enter all information requested and click the "Submit" button. A page should pop up to provide you the Permit number and a PIN (Personal Identification Number). You will need these numbers to find out the status of your permit application at a later date.
I have read and agree to all of the terms above.